With her sultry, seductive vocals and matching sexy looks, Pop/R&B artist Eliz Camacho from Fayetteville, NC has been making waves in the indie scene. She recently won “Best New Artist of the Year” (2010) for the Independent Artist Music Awards as well as artist of the week on “ReverbNation (R)”. She won “Carolina Artist Entertainers of the Month” (Sept ’10) and Musician of the Month on Chasemebaby.com (Sept ’10). We caught up with the singer to discuss her musical beginnings, her goals and her projects. Get to know Eliz Camacho.
1. How old were you when you developed an interest in music?
That’s a very good question. My family has told me that i was interested in music before i could hold my “bottle” tight. I would always get quiet when i heard good music on the radio or television. So they knew way before i did.
2. How would you describe your sound to someone who has never heard it before?
My sound is “erotic”. My sound touches all the “pleasure zones”. While performing, I’ve noticed the audience go into a “trance-like” state of mind. My music takes you on a “sexual journey”.
3. What influences shaped your musical style?
Singers, writers, actors, directors, producers, have been instrumental in shaping my musical styles.
4. What are some of your musical goals?
To record 3 major albums, a Christmas song, to perform with the “London Symphony Orchestra”, and to sing a duet with Chaka Khan. (Chaka Khan is MY GIRL…so is Mary J. Blige *wink*)
5. How does it feel to have won the 2010 “Best New Artist of the Year” for the Independent Artist Music Awards?
It feels AMAZING and so GRATIFYING!!!!! (It makes me feel all “Sexy” inside LOL)
6. Are you working on any projects at the moment?
Oh Yes! Currently I’m putting the finishing touches on my debut album “House of Mirrors” (2011) which will be released this spring. (Look out for it because there’s some hot, sexy music on the album.) Also, I will be getting geared up for a star role in the movie “Big Money” as “Monique Jackson”. (The theme song can be found at www.reverbnation.com/elizcamacho titled “Big Money”.)
7. I understand you do a bit of acting as well. Which creative form do you like better? Acting or making music?
I LOVE both! They both compliment me like the “ying” to the “yang” or the “kama” to the “sutra”. (Mmm!)
8. Have you learned any lessons so far and if so, what are they?
YES! NO SPEEDING, no eating “cheesy” pizzas before singing, and PRAYER is MANDATORY!
9. Are there any artists you wish to work with in the future?
Of Course! I’d love to work with Prince, Chaka Khan, Adam Lambert, and U2.
10. We ask all the artists we interview, what’s the best piece of advice someone’s ever given to you?
NO SPEEDING…AGAIN! (lol) But on a serious note, the best advice that i was given was to continue to “be original”.
11. Where can our readers catch a live performance? Are you touring at the moment?
In a city near YOU! 🙂 I’m not touring at the moment but watch out for me in SPRING 2011!
12. Where can we find your music? Online and offline?
You can find my music at www.reverbnation.com/elizcamacho
For more information, visit:
About the Author
Formerly an editor and writer at Citysearch, The Examiner, LA Youth Newspaper and proofreader at The Los Angeles Daily News, Christy Buena decided to start Disarray Magazine because she missed writing what she wanted. From hiring writers, to contacting publicists and making assignments, Christy is responsible for the editorial strategy of Disarray Magazine.
Questions, comments or suggestions? Contact Christy@disarraymagazine.com
tweetmeme_url = ''; http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js
Leave a Reply